Tuesday 3 September 2013

My English Language Learning Journey (Draft 2)

I grew up in Singapore and I have been exposed to English since young. That is where my English language learning journey started. Since young, my exposure to English language has been rather limited as I usually converse in Mandarin with my family and friends.

English is a global language, and Singapore being a multi-lingual society, requires one to be able to converse well in English. This is because it will allow better communication across different cultures. Therefore, I started exposing myself by speaking more English as I understand that having the ability to write and communicate in proper English would certainly be an added advantage to my studies and work.

My latest English language learning experience was 3 months ago, when I took the module ES2002, “Business Communications”, in my previous semester. In that module, I was taught interpersonal skills and presentation skills. I also learnt how to write a proper report, which is an essential skill needed in the workplace. My lecturer gave me useful feedback and allows me to work on my areas of improvement. I am also positive that upon completing ES1102, I will certainly gain valuable knowledge in English writing.

1 comment:

  1. Claire(2013) claims that she was not exposed very much in the English language since young but understand the importance of it and studied to improve by attending English language modules.

    ReplyDelete