Tuesday 12 November 2013

Final Critical Reflection

Prior to attending Brad’s class, I was oblivious to how academic writing should be done. I came to realize that writing is an important part in our lives. Writing academically requires one to do a whole new level of critical thinking, and not simply pinning our thoughts down. Undeniably, I have faced numerous obstacles in writing. But I frequently remind myself to take this as an opportunity to improve my writing skills.

Being a business student, I think academic writing is relevant to me as I often have to write many reports. In the working society, business people tend to be busy and well-written communications can help to save time. Good writing also adds credibility to the writer and reflects positively on one’s image. After attending ES1102, I learnt that academic writing is more formal, objective and impersonal as compared to writing a report. I am now more conscious of my sentence structures and grammar usage too. I will certainly remember what I have learnt in class and apply it into my future writing assignments.

Overall, ES1102 has been an enjoyable module. By glancing through all my blog post, it is encouraging to see the improvements that I have made so far. Brad has always been trying his best to engage students in the learning process. With all the valuable knowledge that I have learnt from him, I am sure I will put those knowledge into good use. I believe one should never be contented with their current skill set because there is always room for improvement.  


Thanks Brad! :)





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Claire, for the accolades within this detailed review of the course. It's well developed and substantiated with some examples. It warms my heart to know that you feel that you have learned so much that applies to your current studies and your career in business. (I should say though that even in business your report writing should be objective and impersonal.)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete