Friday 1 November 2013

Critical Reflection (Essay Process)

My recent essay topic was on ecotourism, which discusses about coral depletion caused by divers. My concern towards the environmental issues that we are facing today led me to write on this topic. Taking the module “Environmental Biology” has further spurred my interest on environmental conservation issues.

After conferencing with Brad on my first essay draft, I found out that there were a few parts that I can further improve on. For example, I should link my conclusion appropriately back to the topic on globalization. This is because coral depletion is not only a problem in Australia, but to the whole world as well.

One of the challenges that I have faced during my writing process was to keep my essay within the word limit. Ample research has to be conducted before writing on the topic of coral depletion. Since most information can be found online, this tests my ability to sieve out only the relevant information to substantiate my essay. Brad’s helpful guidance has eased my essay writing process. For instance, I do not have to rework much on my referencing as Brad’s APA guide serves me well. This essay will serve as a good guide for me when I write academic essays in future. For me, it was a fulfilling and enjoyable writing process as I get to write on a topic that truly interest me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment